October 4, 2008

2 TRUE STORIES ABOUT RACISM

My friend had sent me this email a long time ago and i thought it was still worth reading material for everybody to share. It is a timely issue and I hope this can enlighten us a little bit of a certain issue in our society today.

1) Oprah Winfrey Show, I'm sure many of you watched the recent taping of the Oprah Winfrey Show where her guest was Tommy Hilfiger. On the show, she asked him if the statements about race he was accused of saying were true.Statements like'...'If I'd known African-Americans, Hispanics, Jewish and Asians would buy my clothes, I WOULD NOT have made them so nice. I wish these people would *NOT* buy my clothes, as they are made for upperclass white people.'His answer to Oprah was a simple 'YES'. Where after she immediately asked him to leave her show. My suggestion? Don't buy your next shirt or perfume from Tommy Hilfiger. Let's give him what he asked for. Let's not buy his clothes, let's put Him in a financial state where he himself will not be able to afford the ridiculous prices he puts on his clothes. BOYCOTT.PLEASE SEND THIS MESSAGE TO ANYONE YOU KNOW. Then send it to the whole community that's not white people and see the result. We have to see the result of unity. Let's find out if Non-whites really play such a small part in the world. Stop buying any range of their product, perfume, cosmetics,clothes, bags, etc.,

2) Scene took place on a British Airways flight between Johannesburg and London. A White woman, about 50 years old, was seated next to a black man. Obviously disturbed by this, she called the air Hostess. 'Madam, what isthe matter,' the hostess asked. 'You obviously do not see it then?' she responded. 'You placed me next to a black man. I do not agree to sit next to someone from such a repugnant group. Give me an alternative seat.''Be calm please,' the hostess replied. 'Almost all the places on this Flight are taken. I will go & see if another place is available.' The Hostess went away and t hen came back a few minutes later. 'Madam, Just as I thought,there are no other available seats in the economy class. I spoke to the captain and he informed me that there is a seat in the business class. All the same, we still have one place in the first class.' Before the woman could say anything, the hostess continued: 'It is not Usual for our company to permit someone from the economy class to sit in the first class. However, given the circumstances, the captain feels that it would be scandalous to make someone sit next to someone so disgusting.' She turned to the black guy, and said, 'Therefore, Sir, if you would like to,please collect your hand luggage, a seat awaits you in first class.' At that moment, the other passengers who were shocked by what they had Just witnessed stood up and applauded.

I never thought Racism is still existed throughout human..


What does the Bible say about racism?


There are some things you might do well to think about before you let yourself get away with thinking such thoughts. First, you might ask yourself how you would like it if someone told you that they did not like you because of your skin color or ethnic origin? Wouldn't you want a chance to show them that you were a decent person? You probably think that you are a unique person and that no one is exactly like you. And you would be correct in thinking that. So is the person of your disdain.
Humans in general have a great deal in common. We all eat, sleep, drink, go to the bathroom and share numerous other characteristics. Whatever skin color we may wear does not make us any less human than another. We all have feelings. Most of us want to be liked by others. What is the purpose of not liking another human?
God created this universe, this world and everyone in it. People exist in their variety because God designed it that way. Put simply, racism is a criticism of His handiwork. If you told me that you did not like me because of some physical characteristic I have, I might say: "Look buddy, your beef is really with the One that created me - it has nothing to do with me. I had nothing to do with creating myself! I can't change a characteristic you don't like just because you ask me to. Like you, I did not ask to be on this planet and I did not ask to have the characteristics I have. If you do not like me that’s between you and God! Complain to Him!" So, in essence, since God’s creation is a reflection of Him maybe you would not like God if you were to meet Him? If there are red, blue, yellow, white or any other color of flowers, it’s not the flower’s fault. Flowers have nothing to do with what color they are. The intelligent being that designed the flower is responsible for their color. Hate and intolerance only beget more hate and intolerance. That’s what is wrong with this world. Do you really want to be a part of propagating a philosophy of life that helps fuel the fires that may ultimately wipe out humanity?

As the scripture says:
" And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. " (Ephesians 4:32)

It may take a great deal of re-thinking to convince yourself to accept everyone because God said to, but it’s worth it.

"By this shall all [men] know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. " (John 13:35)
It’s a good feeling to "love" everyone!



If the understanding of being a racist is like this, then I think everybody is a racist.
Yes, I am a racist because I am Unique as an individual... But I love everybody.

Are you a racist???


0 comments: